Often in a week or struggling economy, government funding for the arts is at risk of being cut off or greatly reduced. What a tragedy! The arts helps equip our next generation to think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions in many areas.
A friend of mine, Jan Mirenda Smith, wrote the following article about innovation and creativity for the Fall 2012 edition of International Torch Club’s magazine. Jan serves as Executive Director of the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum in Neenah, Wisc., and takes a compelling look at why education needs the arts to stimulate innovation. To get the attached PDF article, just click on the image. Do feel free to enjoy and share this with others!
- Creativity Rises: Averting a Crisis Through Storytelling (wired.com)
- Overcoming Resistance to Innovation (informationologist.wordpress.com)
- Replication Can Ignite Novelty (dranilj1.wordpress.com)
- 7 Ways To Stimulate Your Capacity For Creativity (fastcompany.com)
- Innovating their way to success (thehindu.com)
- KidzArt/Art Innovators Fuels Growth with New Domestic and Canadian Franchisees (prweb.com)