Color used in advertizing and branding can inspire, create excitement, or even make one wistful for bygone days. The color studies I’ve seen go way beyond trends and right into key learnings about our psyches and what makes us tick. It’s a fascinating phenomenon, and one that global corporations have leveraged for years.
But now some new studies are showing just how influential these color schemes are in encouraging us to buy, share, connect and love. Check out this infographic to see how companies are seeking to trigger a very specific emotion with their logos:
Analytics company KISSmetrics created this infographic on the science of how colors affect our purchases. There is a great article on this at FastCompany, titled, Why is Facebook blue? The science behind colors in marketing. I highly recommend you check it out.
- Does Color Really Matter in Marketing? (business2community.com)
- Why is Facebook blue? The science behind colors in marketing (ma-no.org)
- True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business? (downgraf.com)
- Psychology of Color (Infographics) (sociableblog.com)
- Find The Perfect Color Scheme Every Time With Adobe Kuler (makeuseof.com)