Emart is calling this creative effort its “Sunny Sale,” making use of the shadows created when the sun hits the sculptures. Those who scan the code on their smart phones or iPads can go to the home page and find special offers including a coupons. If they choose not to set foot in the store, that’s okay too! The coupons work for online shopping and delivery. Here’s how it works:
Emart says it saw membership increase by nearly 60 percent with a 25 percent increase in sales during lunch hours.
- Korea’s Emart Creates QR Codes With Shadows in Midday Sun (techinasia.com)
- Smart QR Code Campaign Harnesses Sunlight To Increase Sales By 25% (simplyzesty.com)
- This Entire Town Is Plastered With QR Codes That Link To Wikipedia (gizmodo.com.au)
- Should Brands Give Up on QR Codes? (mindjumpers.com)
- A little imagination is key to success with QR codes (nevillehobson.com)