Without you ever knowing it, authorities could scan and read your fingerprints from 20 feet away!
Thanks to biometric technology, you could soon gain entrance to your workplace, hotel room or the gym by simply waving your hand toward a nearby scanner at the front door.
IDair, a Hunsville, Alabama-based company, will soon launch a system that cans cana fingerprint from nearly 20 feet away.
Company president and innovator Joel Burcham says it works by photographically capturing a fingerprint in enough detail to match against a database. He says this technology can be enhanced by adding facial and iris-recognition technology.
IDair works with the military, but this new technology could open up doors for the company to work commercially for clients who want extra security.
- IDair’s New Fingerprint Reader Captures Prints from 6 Meters Away (cryptogon.com)
- IDair lets you register your fingerprints from afar (ubergizmo.com)
- A Fingerprint Scanner That Can Capture Prints From 20 Feet Away (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Distant fingerprint scanner (wired.com)
- IDair has a fingerprint scanner from standoff distance (phys.org)