The McDonald’s restaurant chain is testing complimentary iPad use for dine-in customers in one of its Virginia Beach locations. I think it’s a great idea, and so do the customers. In fact, so does Apple, who can introduce new customers to their popular tablets for a minimal cost to the corporation. Plus, McDonalds gets customers in the door and can keep them in their seats.
The iPads are mounted to a number of tabletops at the franchise, owned by Hugh Fard who got the idea while attending the annual worldwide McDonald’s convention in Florida.
- McDonald’s lets customers use iPads (tuaw.com)
- World’s Best iPad App Companies & Maclocks Partner to Offer Complete iPad Business Solutions Introducing Maclocks Business App Center (prweb.com)
- Virginia Beach McDonald’s offers free iPad use (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Walmart Sells iPad Box Filled With Notepads (mashable.com)
- VA McDonald’s Equips Tables With Free-To-Use iPads (hothardware.com)