What better way to pass the time while your children climb on the Playland slide than surfing on an iPad that you don’t own?
The McDonald’s restaurant chain is testing complimentary iPad use for dine-in customers in one of its Virginia Beach locations. I think it’s a great idea, and so do the customers. In fact, so does Apple, who can introduce new customers to their popular tablets for a minimal cost to the corporation. Plus, McDonalds gets customers in the door and can keep them in their seats.
The iPads are mounted to a number of tabletops at the franchise, owned by Hugh Fard who got the idea while attending the annual worldwide McDonald’s convention in Florida.
- McDonald’s lets customers use iPads (tuaw.com)
- World’s Best iPad App Companies & Maclocks Partner to Offer Complete iPad Business Solutions Introducing Maclocks Business App Center (prweb.com)
- Virginia Beach McDonald’s offers free iPad use (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Walmart Sells iPad Box Filled With Notepads (mashable.com)
- VA McDonald’s Equips Tables With Free-To-Use iPads (hothardware.com)